33rd Annual Nedbank Cape Winemakers Guild Auction

Delaire Graff Winemaker Morné Vrey Makes His CWG Debut

~

Diversity and innovative winemaking reaped rich rewards at the 33rd Nedbank Cape Winemakers Guild Action held at Spier in the Stellenbosch Winelands, with the total sales exceeding R13,2 million and a new record price for a case of wine. The total sales lay just under last year’s record breaking auction total, but once again underlined the prowess of the wines made exclusively for the auction by members of the Guild.

Danie Steytler’s Kaapzicht Estate The Ultimate Vision 2015 fetched the highest price ever recorded of R16,600 for a 6-bottle case, his last action wine before he retires as a Producing Member of the Guild. Delaire Graff Estate winemaker, Morné Vrey, made his debut at the auction and his Cape Winemakers Guild Banghoek Chardonnay 2016 sold for R4,800 per case.

The hospitality industry was well represented amongst the top buyers with Tsogo Sun taking pole position for the forth consecutive year followed by Restaurant Mosaic, Grootbos, Stingita and Signature Restaurant. The line-up of wines included 42 red wines, 19 white wines and a Méthode Cap Classique, the bulk of which were snatched up by local buyers (79%) with the remaining (21%) being bought by foreign buyers.

Chairman of the Cape Winemakers Guild, Miles Mossop, had the following to say “The results of our 2017 auction, in light of the current economic climate, bode well for the South African wine industry as a whole and proves that there is still room for quality tier wines that push the envelope in terms of innovation, creativity and diversity of styles”.

 

Delaire Graff Restaurant

Close

Delaire Graff Restaurant Opening hours:

Lunch Daily: 12h00 to 14h15

Dinner: NOW Tuesdays to Saturdays 18h30 to 21h00

Indochine

Close

Indochine Opening hours:

Lunch Daily: 12h00 to 14h30

Dinner Daily: 18h30 to 21h00

Delaire Graff Spa

  • We recommend reserving your treatment 24 hours in advance. To make a booking request, please use the
    enquiry form below, call us on +27 21 885 8160 or email: info.spa@delaire.co.za

Close

Delaire Graff Lodges and Spa

  • *Important Notice*

    The Delaire Graff Lodges and Spa are currently undergoing expansive renovations. Certain parts of the Owners lodge as well as some of the luxury lodges may experience some minor disturbances during this period. This work will continue until the second quarter of 2018. We apologies for any inconvenience and offer our sincere gratitude for your patience and continued support. We look forward to sharing our new offering with you.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Close