Curl up in the 600 count Egyptian Cotton linen with a good book and glass of wine – the perfect Winter hideaway (in house guests only).
22 Reasons to fall in love with Delaire Graff Estate in 2023
The most memorable destinations are those that ignite something within; an emotion, inspiration, bewilderment, – feelings that you carry with you for a lifetime…
Here are 22 reasons to visit Delaire Graff Estate:
1. Experience the excitement of Harvest.
With 20 hectares of vineyards situated on the slopes of Botmaskop Mountain planted with Bordeaux reds and Chardonnay grapes, Delaire Graff Estate produces supremely elegant vintages. Visit the Estate between January and March and experience the buzz of harvest.
2. Unwind in your private heated plunge pool (in house guests only).
Each Lodge includes a private terrace and heated plunge pool overlooking either rolling vineyards, sprawling gardens or the entire valley below.
3. Add some sparkle to your day and visit Graff Boutique, home to the world’s most exquisite jewels.
Designed in the style of an intimate salon, Emperor marble and Indian rosewood welcomes guests into our exclusive Graff store. The ultimate indulgence for any visitor to the Cape Winelands, enticing collection pieces and iconic stones are on display, each handmade in London by Graff’s Master Craftsmen.
4. Visit our greenhouse for a peek at our seasonal produce inspiring new dishes.
A holistic philosophy permeates every aspect of Delaire Graff Estate, especially with food. Fresh produce, fertilised by the on-site wormery, is picked daily from the Estate’s herb, salad and vegetable garden.
5. Explore a sensory journey to the Orient at Indochine Restaurant, where Asian cuisine is made with an African flare.
Balancing authenticity and innovation, Head Chef Virgil Kahn, draws on old Cape Malay family recipes and his frequent trips to Asia to offer fresh, delicate food as light as it is satisfying, served with an imaginative touch of theatre.
6. Take a stroll to Leopard’s Landing, our highest vantage point, and take in the panoramic vista.
Between the historic towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, Graff has taken an impossibly beautiful natural setting and honed it into an unparalleled destination. Enjoy sweeping vistas from False Bay to Table Mountain and mesmerising views of the Banghoek Valley.
7. Arrive in style with a private helicopter landing.
Take to new heights and experience the majestic Stellenbosch mountains from a new vantage with an exclusive helicopter flight.
8. Savour a scintillating degustation with Delaire Graff Restaurant’s dinner Tasting Menu, elegantly paired with Delaire Graff wines.
Head Chef of Delaire Graff Restaurant, Clinton Jacobs, has crafted a special set dinner menu to showcase the seasonal beauty of the Cape Winelands, paired with peerless wines in a breathtakingly beautiful setting.
9. Amble through the gardens and vineyards, exquisite throughout the year.
A botanical paradise of indigenous flora, discover acres of tranquil gardens planted to reflect the changing seasons.
10. Entice your inner oenophile with a private tour of the Delaire Graff wine cellar.
Visit our 450-tonne gravity-fed cellar and get a behind the scenes glimpse into the art of winemaking.
11. Indulge in holistic wellness at Delaire Graff Spa.
Indulge in specialised rituals and therapies inspired by the 5 elements at Delaire Graff Estate Spa. All treatment rooms enjoy a view of our beautiful gardens, while our Spa package guests and Lodge guests enjoy exclusive use of our sunny terrace with an infinity pool and Jacuzzi.
12. Explore the Estate’s hiking and walking trails.
Delaire Graff Estate is surrounded by nature’s bounty. For a more active experience, we recommend our walking trails through our lush vineyards. Our trails can be combined with one another to form longer routes.
13. Take in a movie in our private cinema for an intimate date-night (in house guests only).
Enjoy a private viewing of your favourite film in our private cinema, located near Lodge reception and exclusively available for our Lodge guests in residence.
14. Treat yourself to the world’s best ice cream at our UNFRAMED ice cream cart.
Summer isn’t complete without a scoop or two of incredible ice cream. Find them outside our winery…
15. Take a cultural expedition to explore the over 400 pieces of fine art in the Graff collection.
Delaire Graff Estate is a world-class art destination in the Stellenbosch Valley. As a prominent collector of South African art, each piece that adorns the walls and gardens has been personally handpicked by Laurence Graff from a much-treasured personal portfolio. The collection features works by artists such as Anton Smit, Deborah Bell, Dylan Lewis, Lionel Smit, Cecil Skotnes, Kendell Geers, Ndikhumbule Ngqinambi and William Kentridge.
16. Spoil yourself with fine Italian Linen at 100% Capri.
Available nowhere else on the continent, Italian brand 100% Capri offers luxury linen clothing and homeware range that evokes the essence of la dolce vita.
17. Work up a sweat in our state-of-the-art Techno-Gym (in house guests only).
Our fully equipped Technogym is for the exclusive use of Lodge guests in residence. With a selection of state-of-the-art equipment, we’ll keep you active and mobile during your stay.
18. Savour the Delaire Graff Wine portfolio al fresco at our Wine Lounge.
Allow our wine tutors to awaken your senses to the unique qualities of our wines with a Tutored Wine Experience at our Wine Lounge.
19. Discover the signature homeware, art and craftsmanship at the gallery-style Africa Nova.
Africa Nova’s signature style combines contemporary African design, traditional artefacts and superb tribal art. The cornerstone of Africa Nova’s ethos is the support and nurturing of local artists, craftspeople and designers.
20. Dine under the stately oaks of Delaire Graff Restaurant.
Shaded by mature oak trees, the broad, wooden terrace at Delaire Graff Restaurant embraces sweeping views of vineyards and olive groves across the Banghoek Valley.
21. Celebrate your special occasions with a fine dining experience in our exclusive private dining venue.
An intimate dining and wine tasting room, The Vinoteque can accommodate up to 18 guests. The perfect setting for private dinners, family celebrations or business meetings, enjoy signature dishes from our flagship restaurant, tailored to your occasion.
22. Spark romance with the Signature Couples Experience at Delaire Graff Spa.
Treat yourself and that someone special to a day of luxury and pampering.
With private heated plunge pools, a private cinema, fireplaces, cosy restaurants and a cellar full of award-winning red wine, Delaire Graff Estate is an idyllic retreat all year round. To look forward to this Winter…
Enjoy a glass of red (or white) in front of the imposing marble fireplace.
Delaire Graff Spa’s sauna and steam room are the perfect Winter meditative spaces in which to relax your mind and purify your body. Available to all Spa guests and our guests in residence on the Estate.